SOLAR SYSTEM WITH MOVABLE EARTH AND THE ABILITY TO MEASURE COORDINATES OF CELESTIAL BODIES
J. Felkl & Sohn; Rostok, Prague, 19. st.
Collection of Teaching Devices and School Equipment, Work by Students and Teachers, Visual Art Work
The taking over of photographs and texts
for the purpose of publishing is not allowed without
the permision of the Croatian School Museum.
Since its institution in 1871, The Croatian Pedagogic-Literary Society systematically collected material for the future museum. From the year 1889 the collections have been housed in then newly constructed building of the Croatian Teachers Home. The opening ceremony for the Croatian School Museum happened on the August 19th 1901.
The primary task of our institution is to systematically collect, study and exhibit past and present in the Croatian educational and pedagogical fields.
The Museum holds collections of teaching aids, teaching materials and school equipment, students' and teachers' writings, textbooks and handbooks, school regulations, an archival collection of documents, a collection of photographs and a record file on schools. The Davorin Trstenjak Pedagogical library as an integral part of the Museum.
The Croatian School Museum opened its permanent exhibition on Teachers' day, October 5th 2000. Approximately 1000 items, mostly original, from the second half of the 19th, and the first half of the 20th century are on display within up>2.
On these web sites we are presenting the selection of items on display in our permanent exhibtion.
Fellows of Croatian Museum staff:
- dr.sc. Stefka Batinic, director, library adviser
Pedagogic Library of Davorin Trstenjak, Collection of School Reports, Collection of Regulations and Official Publications in Education, Editor of the Journal Annals for the History of Education
- mr. Marijana Bračić, head of marketing
- Ivana Dumbovic Zuzic, senior museum pedagogue
Educational Activities of the Museum
- Fredy Fijacko, senior museum technician
- Dubravka Galoic Kahlina, secretary
- Sonja Gacina Skalamera, museum adviser, assistant director
- Kristina Gveric, curator, President of the Museum Expert Council (Replacement Worker Kristina Dimšić e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Collection of Teaching Materials and Aids, Collection of Work by Students and Teachers
- Darinka Krilcic, cleaning staff/courier
- Suzana Hrgetić, cleaning stuff/guard
- Branka Manin, senior curator
Collection of Textbooks and Handbooks and Collection of Students and School Periodicals
- Sanja Nekic, curator
Collection of School Equipment and Items
- Filip Sunđi, documentarist
The Museum Documentation
- mr.sc. Elizabeta Serdar, museum adviser
Collection of Photographs, Collection of Postcards and Image Printing
- Anica Sokac, head of accounting